Wednesday, July 31, 2013

At Last!

So we find ourselves on the eve of leaving Benalmadena! The last week has been busy fixing engine pieces and organizing the boat. We have added two more wolves to our wolf pack and could not be more thrilled! Jeb and Wendy have been a great addition to the boat. Their little hands and bodies have been great to get into those tough to reach spots...hahaha just kidding!

On Sunday, We had a day of rest and headed to Rhonda by car to meet Gigi and Poppy for lunch. The drive was spectacular! I drove there so I could practice my manual driving. I have really mastered it! I even ran some errands alone the other day and only stalled once.

On our way to Rhonda we stopped in a small town tucked into the hill and went to mass. There was 12pm mass all in Spanish. The view from the church was gorgeous. The kids did great despite how hot it was. I truly enjoy attending mass in a new church every week. I love seeing all the different styles of altars and paintings there are. This past Sunday the church had a funeral procession casket. It was made out of wood and glass with a silk white bed and pillow inside of it. It really put a perspective on how beautiful a funeral procession in Spain is.  We went on to meet Gigi and Poppy for lunch. Rhonda was a gorgeous town also tucked high into the mountains. It had a very large cliff running through the center of it. The mountains here are breathtaking and driving through them was amazing!

church




They also had this painting that was 3D. It was a painting of Heaven and Hell, or at least that is what Wendy thought it was. I would have to agree with her. We went on to light a candle for our family and friends back home, especially my uncle Frank for whom I heard is now recovering at home!

We are heading out of town at last tomorrow afternoon and we are heading towards Malaga but will definitely pass it. I am really looking forward to getting out of this marina. Although Benalmadena is beautiful I miss the open seas!

I am feeling very blessed and so excited to be sharing this adventure with Gigi, Poppy, and the kids.

Hoping everyone at home is healthy, happy, and safe!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment