Wednesday, September 18, 2013

August ~ September America and The Islands


The kids were very sad to leave. I was sad to see them go as well. We had a nice boat routine going and they were really adjusting to boat life nicely. At 5:30 am on August 27th a cab picked Jeb and Wendy and myself up at the boat. We were in a port in Mallorca. The kids and I flew from Palma to Barcelona to Madrid to Boston. It was along day for us but the kids were great listeners and very helpful.

I was looking forward to being home and visiting with my family and friends. I also was looking forward to the simple things I miss very much. Like a flushing toilet, a real refrigerator and sitting and watching a T.V. show.  I started my trip back with a stay in Sudbury. Gigi and Poppy were happy to see all of us. Gigi made a delicious dinner and we had a nice nights sleep.  I spent the next couple of days getting the kids situated for school. On Friday we headed up to NH for the weekend at Happy Hampton. On the way we stopped at Joe and Samara’s house to visit with mom and Maggie and wish Joe and Samara luck at the hospital. They were heading in to have baby Louise who would come later on Saturday with Black hair, not red like Maggie and the Kranz nose! She is adorable and so sweet. Maggie loves her very much and always wants to be around her. Maggie and Lousie

Jeb and Wendy and I had a great weekend visiting with Emily and her mom Barbra who drove up from Long Island with Emily’s girls, Mia and Olivia. The kids had a blast at the beach and I was so happy to visit with Emily and catch up. My best friend Alison also made the trip to the beach!You don’t realize just how much you miss someone till you spend a length of time and remember all the ways you used to make each other laugh. I really miss college!

The weekend could not have been more perfect. We were lucky enough to have two amazing dinners at Sue and Lenny’s. Jeb and Wendy were so excited to see Sue and Lenny and the whole Bergin clan. Later when I put Wendy to bed she reminded me that she had not seen some of the cousins and aunts since Christmas.  Wendy has a memory like a steel trap!

Helen and butch were great! All in there glory at the arrival of another healthy grandchild. Louise Lursano Kranz was born!  I was also able to visit with Steve and Kate in Hamilton and see Finn and Conor. The boys are getting so big! Finn is playing hockey and soccer. Conor is starting preschool and seems to really like it.
 Hamilton Crew!

While I was in America for the week Joseph stayed behind in Mallorca to work on some small projects on Zimbabalooba. He made me a wonderful and very helpful fruit and veggie holder. Prior to my new hanging baskets I had to put the fruit and veggies on the counter and when we took a good sized wave I would go below to find everything on the floor. It was very frustrating.

 My new fruit and vegetable holder

 Joseph had a nice quite week with the exception of being hit by a boat. Yep that’s right, he swam out to our anchor that we mark with a giant orange buoy to check on the anchor. A 30ft black motorboat went between our anchor and the boat. Joseph said he checked for boats coming. The boat struck him on his right arm and dragged him for about 20 ft till he realized he could push off and swim away.  The boat had a square type of front to it. He was lucky not to have been killed.  Of course he did not tell me about it till I got back to Spain.  I was shocked because Joseph practices very strict safety rules on the boat.  He in the end was fine and has learned not to trust fellow boaters!
Joseph's Injury!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment