Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Hanging Around

Today is Friday May 31st!
I have been in Holland for 27 days. The sun is now shinning here, thank God! We are having a bit of success with our engine although we may need to have the boat lifted again to adjust the prop.
I need to back up a bit and let you all know what has been going on here since my last blog.

First of all, As I had mentioned the weather has improved. Second we have become closer to leaving. We hope leave port by Sunday or Monday. last of all, we have had a new wolf join our wolfpack!(Alison that is for you). His name is Peter and he is a lovely chap from Guernsay which is located in the British Islands. He is joining our pack for our trip from Amsterdam to Portugal. He has made this journey many times and is working on his Yacht Master offshore ocean certificate. Peter is a lovely man who really enjoys my British accent! He says it actually sounds real!

So, in the midst of all the engine confusion I decided to make an appointment to get my nails done. I was able to hook up with this lovely young lady from Enkhuizen who has a nail studio above her house. Her name was Yvonne. I received a pedicure and manicure. It was very different then from at home. She did not use any water to soak either my hands or feet. In fact she used this machine that looked a lot like dentists tools. I really liked how she was able to clean up my nail beds with this high powered tool that used certain solutions and water together. My nails came out great and Yvonne was able to give me some great tips on where to eat and where to shop!

After my appointment I met Joseph and Peter back at the boat. We then decided to walk around the corner to grab a bite to eat. I would have been happy to cook for everyone but we still do not have a working fridge. The previous owner Andre has ordered us one and is suppose to install it today!?!?!
This morning we had the boat lifted out of the water! It was very scary to see this happen because it looked extremely tipsy and the crane operator told us that we were not covered under their insurance if the boat fell.  It was very nerve wrecking to watch!
    Boat lifted!!!


      Fixing the Prop angle!



Photo 
We are now back on the marina waiting for our fridge to be installed and finishing up some last odds jobs that need to be completed before we leave for Portugal. We think our course will be out of Amsterdam heading to the straits of Dover. Then we will go to the channel islands. After that we need to check the weather to see what will be our next stop.

I will try to keep up with the blogging over the next couple of days as we have internet access now but we might not have it as we travel.

 Joseph heading to the top of our mast to run another line for sailing. It was a lot of work winching him up there by myself!



At the Top!!!

 BRAM The Mechanic!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment