Wednesday, June 5, 2013

North Sea

So yesterday, which was Tuesday the 4th we left Enkhuizen, Holland and headed threw the city of Amsterdam. It was a sunny day with nice winds coming out of the North East. We had do got threw three locks and under two bridges.
I found the locks to be fascinating. One must pull their vessel up against the side of the lock and wait for the water to rise or lower. We definitely got the hang of it by the 3rd one.  I really enjoyed going threw the city. It is amazing how much the Dutch rely on water and boats.

This is the last picture we took before leaving Enkhuizen. I am really going to miss Bram the mechanic who saved our engine!

Today, Wednesday...we left and got into the North Sea. The waves were big but manageable.  We put up the main sail with one reef in it because we are still learning the boat and the wind was very strong. We sailed at about 5.5 knots all day. We also put the jib up. For those of you that do not know sailing its the front sail. We had a nice and sunny day at sea. I am really begining to love this boat...good thing cause I am here!!! Tommrow we will head to Oostender which is south west  towards Dover, England. We are going to do 80 miles ....Lots of reading time for me!!! I am really looking forward to getting to Guernsey because the gentleman who is sailing with us Peter lives there. We are going to get to meet his wife Jane and there kids! Maybe, we will get a real shower too!
Thanks for all of you prayers and well wishes...The adventure has begun!!!
The North Sea!

 

Peter relaxing!

Joseph exciting to be sailing!

It works better in the water!!! hahaha




The Crew!!!

Thanks for reading my blog! I love all the support!!!xo









No comments:

Post a Comment