Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Another sunny day!




 Last night Joseph and I drove over to Medemblik the other town where the boat used to be. We have some storage over there. We went to pick up the dive gear and the spinnaker poll and sail. It really is amazing how light out it is here late at night. On our way home yesterday at about 10:30pm it was still light out. The sun does not set till 10:30/11:00 every night! I have included a photo below of the sunset on our drive home!

This morning we woke up early because our mechanic Bram was coming to put the engine back together. Joseph and Bram have been working very hard the last few days to get it up and running. I have been very helpful in supervising there work. hahaha!  Bram is an interesting character. He is married and has 3 beautiful children. He works here in Enkhuizen and came highly recommended as one of the best mechanics in the area. He has a great sense of humor, in fact I accidentally referred to his college as his boss and he was like "He is not my boss, I am my own boss"! Joseph and I enjoy teasing him about this. Bram has a great sense of humor and a great work ethic. I am glad that we chose him to work on the engine!

 Bram and Joseph working on the engine.

So, I actually got right up this very sunny morning and filled the tanks with water, blew up the dingy,washed the dingy, and emptied the car of our diving gear. You see before we left the US Joseph and I purchased some new used diving gear because every couple of months you have to under the boat and check things out. I assure you that Joseph will be doing the first couple of underwater checks! He really is a very creative and amazing engineer. He managed to build a wall mount in the aft locker to hold our air tanks and our gear. The aft locker is located under the rear bench. You can climb into it but it is a tight fit. I have no desire to go in there, but Joseph says its very roomy once you get down there!

So I have been doing pretty good at keeping busy. I kind of miss t.v. a little. I really miss the kids, Jeb & Wendy...its been hard not to see them everyday! I know they are in good hands with Melissa and Jen. I also really miss my daily chats with Cate G. and my best good friend Alison!!! On the other hand I am feeling very very blessed to be here! I am anxious to get going but it seems that we should be leaving port on Friday or Saturday. I am actually sitting on a beautiful patio overlooking the canal entrance to the lock that allows boats to get into the other lake. I am at the De Mastenbar! I decided to take a proper lunch break today in order to blog. Hope everyone back home is healthy, happy, and well!!!













No comments:

Post a Comment