Wednesday, July 2, 2014

What a start to the day

Woke up around 6.30 with the hope of being underway before 8. It always takes time to ready the boat before you can leave. Usually we de-flat the dinghy and up in IP on deck but while we were in turkey we added so now we can simply lift the dinghy and in theory less work... I keep testing it and try different heights and positions... a work in progress.. but for now it works.
So on leaving I decided it was time to get the water maker up and running ... make then I could wash the boat. After playing with it for 10 minutes we were successfully making fresh water.. and it even tasted OK.

The plan as to wash the decks so I needed to connect our long hose to our shower hose to get water. This meant making a connector... see below
While I waited for the tanks to fill I decided I should put out a line to test the waters. 5 minutes later I was fishing. 
The tanks were still not full but i went to check to make sure we didn't have any other problem. On returning to deck I heard the fishing real going crazy ... to I slowed down to see what was going on. Indeed we had cot something.. but I doubted it was a fish .. but I was wrong.

This guy was my personal best ever catch. I made one big mistake, I didn't weight it. My guess is that it was about 40 lbs (20kgs). Our fridge is not big enough to hold this guy unless I cut it up, so I set about the task. All I could think is what am I going to do with all this tuna... one can only eat so much. I love sushi, but this was a year supply. The job turned out harder than I expected, even with the sharpest knife, it took everything to cut him up. Below is a picture of the stake cut I had for dinner once the job was done. 


At noon, I had washed the deck, made water  and cot dinner ... :)
  


No comments:

Post a Comment