Saturday, May 18, 2013

Enkhuizen, Holland

Hello to everyone back home! I woke up this morning and figured out how to upload pictures! I realized that I have to email them to myself from my phone then download to my desktop in order to upload to my blog...uhhgg but I figured it out! So we are here in Enkhuizen, Holland about an hours journey by boat. Yesterday, Friday we moved the boat here. We had to motor the whole way here because Zimbabalooba needs work done to her engine. We have not even put the sails up yet!
It is very cold here. The locals tell us it is there worst spring yet. It is rainy and cold. Our heat is working so we are happy!
As I type, Braum the mechanic is taking out the transmission to do work on it. I am sad that the engine needs work because it just delays us from leaving but he is supposedly the best in the area.
Last night we went out for a burger and found this wonderful bar called dikke mik. We both enjoyed a delicious burger with french fries and a cold Amstel. I usually don't like Amstel or Heineken but here in Holland they are good. The beer here is less watered down then in the states.
Joseph and I are heading to Germany this weekend to visit with his cousin Joy and drop off some extra sails and boat gear that we do not want to take with us. Joy lives in Cologne, Germany about a three hour journey by car from here. I am looking forward to this road trip because I have never been to Germany!
Well, thanks for reading my blog and I hope everyone is healthy and happy back home!

2 comments:

  1. Cool to hear from you guys. Looks and sounds like fun despite the"cold" weather. Please tell Joseph he still owes us the link to the site where we can track you guys!

    Well back to our 88F sunny weather. The deck is calling.
    Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i adore you. miss you so much! talked to little and big wendy's yesterday and all is well. how many days until we see you again? make sure that you call me again! xoxo. do you wish that you had your hunter gloves without the fingers? i my go and steal them from the medford attic! seriously. the depression that i feel everytime a red jeep passes me ( and you know i don't know one type from the other...) i literally get a lump in my throat and cry while driving my whip/minivan

    ReplyDelete