Sunday, May 12, 2013

Saturday May 10th

Today, I practiced a little more of my driving with a trip to IKEA. I had to drive straight through the city of Amsterdam! I only stalled out 2 times. I also learned how to do coasting! I have a had time understanding why the Dutch in this town do not do coffee to go but now i know why because driving is so involved....
On our way home we stopped in a little town called Hoorn. We went to an electronics store that was kinda like a circuit city. I had to buy a hairdryer!
Now with Joseph driving we headed towards the harbor. We ended up having dinner in a building that was shaped like a cylinder and used to be an old battery fort. It was brick from bottom to top and had slits in the side of the building. The food was good. I tried some more croquet's...and thought these were the best yet!


1 comment:

  1. you must've been a hot mess with no hair dryer all this time! Also, I can't believe they don't do coffee to go! What are the people like there and how do the women dress? What is going on with readying the boat? When do you set sail? Xoxo

    ReplyDelete