Friday, May 24, 2013

searching for water



Today was a beautiful day in Holland!
I woke up around noon...to find that Joseph had gone out on a mission. I decided to make some coffee and do some Facebook stalking! Joseph came back within an hour or so and told me that we needed to test our water maker. I was like, ok sounds great! The only problem is that we are not in salt water yet. We are in a freshwater lake that has a man-made wall to stop the salt water from coming in. So Joseph informed me that we needed to make our own salt water to test the system.

So we jumped on our new bikes and headed into town to the pet store. Just an FYI we have the smallest car you can rent and it costs us $100.00 to fill the tank. Thus the reason we got the bikes!
As Joseph was explaining to the lady the type of salt we needed to make salt water I decided to mossy around the animals. I found the largest guinea pigs ever!!! I also saw some super cute bunnies. I reached in to pet one and it almost bit me! hahaha Well the pet shop was a bust so we decided to wing it, just buy sea salt, and hope we could make it salty enough.

 We came back and ran the system but it only produced about a glass of drinkable water...not even enough to shower with....uhhggg...but we are working on it!
Until next blog....

No comments:

Post a Comment