Monday, May 20, 2013

Heineken Experience


SO this weekend instead of us heading to Germany, Joseph's cousin Joy and her husband Christian came to Amsterdam. I was a little bummed about not seeing Germany but it worked out better for them to come to us and they are so graciously storing some extra stuff from the boat that we do not need. Today was a bank holiday here in the Netherlands as well as in Germany!
They arrived on Sunday afternoon at around 5pm. It was about a 3 hour drive for them. We met them here at the boat then we traveled into Hoorn for dinner. we went to this lovely restaurant right on the waterfront. I had chicken with peanut sauce, which might I add the Dutch do an amazing spicy peanut sauce! Joseph had some Kobe Beef...it was delicious. It must have been messaged just right! hahaha
We all had lots to drink!
This morning when we woke up and headed into Amsterdam to do the Heineken Experience. It was a well done tour but I found it to be very commercialized. I was surprised to see all of it written in English. The beer was good but I thought the tour lacked content. I guess there is not that much to say about beer but the tour did last an hour and a half. It was an experience and that's what our adventure is about!
Tonight is the first night we have had to relax without feeling like we have to clean or do a project.
We were able to get the stereo going and we are all cozy on the boat. It was great having Joy and Christian come cause they were very impressed and reminded me of just how special and cute this boat is! Up until now I have been viewing it as a lot of work cause that's all we have been doing. I am beginning to see its unbelievable charm and potential for a very very fun year!  Hope everyone back home is healthy, safe, and happy!!! A very special Happy Birthday to Aunt Kathy!!! I'm sure her girls are spoiling her! Also Happy one day early  Birthday to Mr Michael Thomas Kranz!!!
Love and miss you all bunches!!!

1 comment: