Thursday, May 16, 2013

Medemblik Marina

So here in overcast Holland things are moving slow! We have been delayed another week as we wait for parts to come in to fix the fridge as well as the motor. It is a bit frustrating but I have been keeping busy by organizing, walking, and reading.
I take the mechanics dog Mike for a lot of walks! He is a Black Lab mix with great Dane. Raymond his owner tells me he is a rescue dog. Raymond speaks Dutch to him and Mike does not listen. When I give him commands in English he listens so I think his previous owner must have spoke English. Raymond insists that Mike listens to me because I am a woman and a bit bossy! HAHA

On Tuesday we got up early and drove about an hour to the airport to drop Joseph's mom off at the airport. It was sad to see her go because she is such a happy upbeat Irish woman. She always has so much to talk about and is a lot of fun to be around! After that we headed back to the boat to do some more work. That evening we went to the town next door called Hoorn. We had been here before for dinner but it was not as good. This time we went to a Thai restaurant and it was GREAT! We tried the spring rolls, pad thai, and some type of curry Chicken. The owner was there and she had just flew in from Thailand. She was a lovely lady who told us she had been there almost 10 years.
I have been continuing to practice my driving of a standard and I'm getting much better!

Joseph has been working really had to get us moving here. We might be heading to Germany by car this weekend to visit with his cousin and drop off some extra sails and gear that we do not want to take with us. I'm really looking forward to that trip because I have never been to Germany before. It is about a 3 hour car drive in one direction...uhgg but should be fun!
Well I am off to find a manicure shop here in Holland. Joseph says they are not like home and I will have a hard time finding what I want but these dishpan hands need some relief!  Hope everyone in the states are doing well and hope to blog some more interesting stuff later!!!

I am trying very hard to upload some pictures to this blog but it does not seem to be working! I am so frustrated...any suggestions are welcome!!!










1 comment:

  1. Have you tried the google+ app for your phone for pictures??

    ReplyDelete